Requirements for aerosol sprays
Each aerosol spray or label attached to it, if data cannot be printed on the spray, with a maximum volume of 150 ml or less, shall contain visible, readable and indelible letters or marks indicating the following data:
- name and address or brand of the supplier that markets or puts the aerosol sprays into service;
- mark “э” proving the conformity with the requirements of these rules;
- marks enabling the identification of canned series;
- inscriptions and marks, indicated in the rules;
- net content by weight and volume.
An aerosol spray shall contain an attached readable and indelible label, when the aerosol is categorised as:
- nonflammable, the word caution and other elements of the aerosol label;
- flammable, the word caution and other elements of the aerosol label;
- extremely flammable, the word hazardous and other elements of aerosol label;
- any additional warning about the function informing users about special hazards; if the aerosol spray includes separate instructions for use, they shall also show such warnings about the product’s function.
Appendix 1 contains certain requirements for metal, glass and plastic spray cans, except for those with a volume of less than 50 ml. Certain testing procedures for individual types of aerosol sprays have also been determined.