About the website
GOV.SI is still under development and presently contains only basic information about the functioning of the state administration. Further content from the ministries, bodies within the ministries, government offices and administrative units will be transferred gradually to the GOV.SI central website of the state administration. Searches for the content that has not yet been transferred to GOV.SI are redirected to the old websites of the state administration bodies.
Type of information
The information on the GOV.SI is published in the Slovenian language. The content of the administrative units that operate on bilingual territories of the Republic of Slovenia is also provided in the Italian and Hungarian languages respectively. GOV.SI also provides the essential information in English.
GOV.SI is organised into three content groups:
- presentation information about individual state administration bodies and their responsibilities and structure;
- topical areas (e.g. culture, agriculture, forestry and food, and foreign affairs) that lead the user to detailed and complete information about each area. This way of displaying content facilitates searching for the required information by the user, as it is not necessary to know which authority is responsible for it.
- databases (e.g. of public notices, job vacancies and projects) that provide a single place for all announcements to be made by national authorities and ensure greater transparency and availability of information.
GOV.SI is the central website of the state administration bodies, meaning that the contents are provided by all the ministries, bodies within the ministries, government offices and administrative units. Each body is responsible for its published information being accurate, timely and correct. At the bottom of each webpage there is a notice saying which authority is responsible for the published information. All authorities publish their content in compliance with uniform standards maintained by the central editorial team, which operates within the Government Communication Office.
GOV.SI is the result of the project entitled Renewal and Optimisation of the State Administration Websites
GOV.SI is the result of the project entitled Renewal and Optimisation of the State Administration Websites, which is managed by the Ministry of Public Administration in cooperation with the Government Communication Office. The project is financed from EU funds and the state budget. The project is due to be completed in November 2021 with the transfer to GOV.SI of all the presentation websites of the state administration bodies.
Hereby, the state administration bodies of the Republic of Slovenia undertake to enable access to all users to the central website of the national administration GOV.SI in accordance with the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act (Zakon o dostopnosti spletišč in mobilnih aplikacij - in Slovenian language).
This Accessibility Statement refers to the website GOV.SI.
To guarantee the provision of requirements regarding accessibility, the following adaptations have been systemically ensured:
- responsive design (adaptation of content layout to screen resolution),
- display of content for assistive technologies’ users (for example: screen reader, Braille display),
- keyboard navigation (adaptation for users who cannot use a computer mouse),
- appropriate colour contrasts (between the text and the background),
- predictable website operation,
- all live streams and recordings of public releases after government sessions and on the current COVID-19 situation are accompanied with interpretation to Slovenian sign language, other video recordings may contain subtitles,
- enabled adding of alternative text to images,
- enabled usage of different heading levels.
GOV.SI website is partially compliant with the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act due to the following exceptions listed below.
We constantly monitor the accessibility of GOV.SI website, and continuously improve individual accessibility elements. Nevertheless, some published content does not comply with all the requirements regarding accessibility as stipulated by the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act.
The examples of such contents are:
- scanned documents in PDF format,
- program-generated documents (e.g. annual reports),
- various complex tables with data,
- organization charts of state administration bodies.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
- This declaration was drafted on 1 July 2019 self-evaluation.
- The latest review of declaration was carried out on 3 September 2020.
Feedback and contact information
Due to frequent content updates, users can during browsing on GOV.SI website, despite the efforts to make all webpages as accessible and user-friendly as possible, occasionally encounter accessibility problems.
You can send a notification on potential non-compliances of published content with the provisions of the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act and requests for sending information in accessible format per ordinary post or via e-mail to the competent state administration body that published the subject content.
Information on competent institution for individual content can be found at the bottom of every webpage at GOV.SI.
Where data on responsible institution are not indicated, please contact the main content coordinator of GOV.SI website:
You will receive a reply within eight days from the submission of the notification or request. If we shall not be able to send an appropriate reply in this period, we will notify you when we will send a reply and the reasons for the delayed reply.
In the event of unsatisfactory responses to any notice or request sent in accordance with Article 8 of the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act, you may file a complaint with the information society inspectors by ordinary mail or e-mail to: