International Affairs Division
Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the EU
Slovenia will strive to actively contribute to strengthening the EU's resilience to health, economic, energy, climate and cyber crises, which is incorporated in the slogan "Together. Resilient. Europe." Visit the official website of the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the European Union www.si2021.eu.
The International Affairs Division is tasked with activities relating to veterinary medicine, plant protection and food safety at all levels of international cooperation – within the European Union and in bilateral, regional and multilateral cooperation.
The Division provides support for the development of divisions, in particular:
- to ensure smooth transport and trade in animals, plants, plant and animal products, and feed, both in the EU’s common market and in international trade;
- to take part in the adoption of sectoral legislation;
- to ensure traceability of consignments and, consequently, to provide protection against the transmission of human or animal diseases and harmful plant organisms;
- to produce appropriate documentation for trading in animals, plants, plant and animal products and their export;
- to raise awareness among stakeholders (industry associations) of new conditions for trading, imports and exports;
- to communicate with competent authorities in third countries in order to harmonise conditions for the export of animals, plants, plant and animal products;
- to inform and raise awareness among stakeholders of new conditions for the import of animals, plants, and plant and animal products;
- to provide access of the economy to third markets for commodities of plant and animal origin.