About the Embassy Belgrade
Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs Travel Advice: COVID-19
As the probability of infection with COVID-19 remains present, Slovenian citizens wishing to travel abroad are advised to follow the news on the spread of the virus, especially on the planned route, to check the conditions of entry into the country of destination, and to comply with local rules. Slovenian citizens returning from abroad are advised to follow the recommendations of the National Institute of Public Health (NIJZ).
Current information on border crossings, measures at the border upon entry into Slovenia and the lists of countries can be found on the special page Border Crossing.
The Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Belgrade opened in January 2001.
The main objectives of the Embassy are:
- Connection, maintenance and an enhancement of permanent contacts with Serbian state institutions and their official representatives.
- Providing information about Slovenia and possibilities of cooperation in the field of common interest, securing conditions for enhancement of cooperation between both states in these fields.
- Providing constant information to the country of accreditation about views and positions of Slovenia, as well as development and interests of Slovenia; ensuring undisturbed communication from Slovenian side about Serbian views in the matters that are in central interest of the country of accreditation.
- Monitoring reporting of local media on Slovenia and developing relationships with journalists.
- Maintaining and strenghtening relations with the Slovenian community in Serbia.
- To provide consular assistance to Slovenian community and Slovenian citizens in Serbia and issuing Schengen visas for foreigners who wish to enter the Republic of Slovenia.