About the Embassy Belgrade
The Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Belgrade opened in January 2001.
The main objectives of the Embassy are:
- Connection, maintenance and an enhancement of permanent contacts with Serbian state institutions and their official representatives.
- Providing information about Slovenia and possibilities of cooperation in the field of common interest, securing conditions for enhancement of cooperation between both states in these fields.
- Providing constant information to the country of accreditation about views and positions of Slovenia, as well as development and interests of Slovenia; ensuring undisturbed communication from Slovenian side about Serbian views in the matters that are in central interest of the country of accreditation.
- Monitoring reporting of local media on Slovenia and developing relationships with journalists.
- Maintaining and strenghtening relations with the Slovenian community in Serbia.
- To provide consular assistance to Slovenian community and Slovenian citizens in Serbia and issuing Schengen visas for foreigners who wish to enter the Republic of Slovenia.