About the Inspectorate
Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the EU
Slovenia will strive to actively contribute to strengthening the EU's resilience to health, economic, energy, climate and cyber crises, which is incorporated in the slogan "Together. Resilient. Europe." Visit the official website of the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the European Union www.si2021.eu.
With a view to protect public health in Slovenia, the Health Inspectorate performs inspection on implementation of laws and other regulations covering the following areas:
- healthcare, patients’ rights, medical service, mental health, transplantation of organs for the purpose of treatment and medical waste treatment,
- infectious diseases and minimum sanitary health conditions,
- alternative medicine,
- bathing areas and bathing waters,
- drinking water, facilities and devices for public drinking water supply,
- safety on ski slopes,
- general safety of products, cosmetic products and toys,
- food contact materials,
- the health suitability and safety of food supplements and foods for specific groups,
- restriction on the use of alcohol and restriction on the use of tobacco and tobacco-related products,
- illegal employment and work (service providers who are under the supervision of the Inspectorate).