Plant Protection Products Division
Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the EU
Slovenia will strive to actively contribute to strengthening the EU's resilience to health, economic, energy, climate and cyber crises, which is incorporated in the slogan "Together. Resilient. Europe." Visit the official website of the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the European Union www.si2021.eu.
The Division carries out expert and administrative tasks relating to plant protection products (PPPs), including the formulation of policies and strategies to ensure the health of people, animals and the environment consequent to their use. The tasks relate to:
- the authorisation of PPPs,
- pesticide residues,
- trading in and use of PPPs,
- the training of PPP users, sellers and advisors,
- the testing of application equipment,
- the implementation of the strategy set out in the National Action Plan with the aim to reduce dependency on the use of PPPs.