About the Embassy in Vienna
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Travel Advice: COVID-19
As the probability of infection with COVID-19 remains present, Slovenian citizens wishing to travel abroad are advised to follow the news on the spread of the virus, especially on the planned route, to check the conditions of entry into the country of destination, and to comply with local rules. Slovenian citizens returning from abroad are advised to follow the recommendations of the National Institute of Public Health (NIJZ).
The main objectives of the embassy include:
- Establishing and maintaining regular contacts with Austrian state institutions and their official representatives;
- Providing information on Slovenia and the possibilities of co-operation in fields of common interest, as well as maintaining conditions for strengthening co-operation between the two countries in these fields;
- Providing Austria with regular information on Slovenia’s positions, development and interests, and vice versa;
- Establishing and supporting economic relations between the two countries;
- Organising and participating in Slovenian cultural events in Austria;
- Monitoring Austrian media reports on Slovenia and establishing contacts with journalists;
- Establishing and strengthening relations with the Slovenian community in Austria;
- Providing consular assistance to Slovenian citizens in Austria and issuing entry visas for foreign persons entering Slovenia.