About the Embassy in Vienna
The Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Vienna represents the Republic of Slovenia in the Republic of Austria, and protects and implements the interests of Slovenia, its citizens and legal entities in the Republic of Austria. Furthermore, it fosters and helps to develop friendly relations and further co-operation between the Republic of Slovenia and the Republic of Austria.
The main objectives of the embassy include:
- Establishing and maintaining regular contacts with Austrian state institutions and their official representatives;
- Providing information on Slovenia and the possibilities of co-operation in fields of common interest, as well as maintaining conditions for strengthening co-operation between the two countries in these fields;
- Providing Austria with regular information on Slovenia’s positions, development and interests, and vice versa;
- Establishing and supporting economic relations between the two countries;
- Organising and participating in Slovenian cultural events in Austria;
- Monitoring Austrian media reports on Slovenia and establishing contacts with journalists;
- Establishing and strengthening relations with the Slovenian community in Austria;
- Providing consular assistance to Slovenian citizens in Austria and issuing entry visas for foreign persons entering Slovenia.