About the Embassy Tirana
The Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Tirana was officially opened on 8 December 2010. The Embassy represents the Republic of Slovenia in the Republic of Albania, and protects and implements the interests of Slovenia, its citizens and legal entities in the Republic of Albania. Furthermore, it fosters and helps to develop friendly relations and further co-operation between the Republic of Slovenia and the Republic of Albania.
Main tasks of the Embassy include:
- Establishing and maintaining regular contacts with Albanian state institutions and their official representatives;
- Providing information on Slovenia and the possibilities of co-operation in fields of common interest;
- Promoting strengthening of the co-operation between the two countries in fields of common interest, with special attention to strengthening the economic relations;
- Providing Albania with regular information on Slovenia’s positions, development and interests, and vice versa;
- Monitoring Albanian media reports on Slovenia and establishing contacts with journalists;
- Maintaining and strengthening relations with the Slovenian community in Albania;
- Providing consular assistance.