Ministry of Foreign Affairs Travel Advice: COVID-19
As the probability of infection with COVID-19 remains present, Slovenian citizens wishing to travel abroad are advised to follow the news on the spread of the virus, especially on the planned route, to check the conditions of entry into the country of destination, and to comply with local rules. Slovenian citizens returning from abroad are advised to follow the recommendations of the National Institute of Public Health (NIJZ).
Schengen visa (type C)
Foreigners legally residing in Montenegro can apply for a Type C visa (Schengen visa) to enter Slovenia at the Consular Department of the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Podgorica. Under the Agreements, the Embassy is also responsible for processing visa applications for the following countries: the Republic of Austria, the Kingdom of Belgium, the Kingdom of Denmark, the Republic of Estonia, the French Republic, the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the Republic of Lithuania, the Republic of Latvia, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, the Republic of Hungary, the Republic of Portugal and the Slovak Republic.
To apply for Schengen visa, at least the following documentation is needed:
- Filled out Visa Application Form,
- Invitation letter in its original,
- A letter of guarantee by applicant's employer/university,
- Valid Passport with at least six months validity remaining,
- Valid residence permit in Romania with at least six months validity remaining,
- Proof of funds either in form of a bank statement,
- Travel documents (Paid return flight ticket),
- Accommodation booking with the proof of payment (either by the bank transfer or through travel agency),
- Valid travel and medical insurance minimum (coverage of EUR 30,000 minimum),
- Extract from your bank account/bank statement for at least 6 months,
- Color photograph not older than three months (format 3cm x 3,5 cm).
Visa fees need to be paid in cash in EUR (35/80 EUR) at the time of submitting the visa application.
Long-stay National Visas (type D)
In some cases (family reunification, education, professional athletes), the Republic of Slovenia also issues long-stay national visas (type D), which are valid for a minimum of 90 days and a maximum 1 year.
The procedure for issuing a D visa is carried out in accordance with the national legislation of the Republic of Slovenia. The D Visa application is submitted in person at the embassies of the Republic of Slovenia.
Documentation to be submitted:
- Completed Visa Application Form (Slovenian-English)
- At least one color photo in accordance with ICAO standards
- Undamaged travel document, the validity of which must be at least 3 months longer than the intended stay in the Republic of Slovenia
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence in the monthly amount of the minimum income in the Republic of Slovenia, amounting to EUR 402,18 as of 1 August 2019 (bank statements, bank certificate of savings, credit card statements, certificate of scholarship, salary, contract with a sports club in Slovenia, etc.)
- Travel health insurance for Slovenia (sum insured may not be lower than EUR 30,000). The insurance period must cover the full validity of the D visa
- Documentation demonstrating the purpose for which a long-stay visa may be issued
- Certified and translated certificate of impunity, which must not be older than 3 months (in some cases)
Payment of consular fee in the amount of 77 EUR (payable in EUR). An application for a D visa for family reunification purposes is free of charge.