Schengen visa (type C)
Foreigners legally residing in Romania can apply for a Type C visa (Schengen visa) to enter Slovenia at the Slovak Embassy in Bucharest, which issues Type C visas in Romania for the Republic of Slovenia.
Embassy of the Slovak Republic
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 9.00 - 13.00
You must apply for visa in person. Prior appointment is necessary. The decision about the visa approval will be taken between 12 and 30 days from the day of its submission.
To apply for Schengen visa at the Slovak Embassy with the aim to travel to Slovenia you will need the following documentation:
- Filled out Visa Application Form
- Invitation from Slovenia in its original.
- A letter of guarantee by applicant's employer/university
- Valid Passport with at least six months validity remaining
- Valid residence permit in Romania with at least six months validity remaining
- Proof of funds either in form of a bank statement or as travelers cheques for traveling and staying in Slovenia (70 EUR per day of travel).
- Travel documents (Paid return flight ticket)
- Accommodation booking with the proof of payment (either by the bank transfer or through travel agency). Just booking confirmation is not sufficient.
- Valid travel and medical insurance minimum (coverage of EUR 30,000 minimum)
- Extract from your bank account/bank statement for at least 6 months
- Color photograph not older than three months (format 3cm x 3,5 cm)
Fees for visa applications need to be paid cash in EUR (80 EUR) at the time of submitting the visa application.
Long-stay National Visas (type D)
In some cases (family reunification, education, professional athletes), the Republic of Slovenia also issues long-stay national visas (type D), which are valid for a minimum of 90 days and a maximum 1 year.
The procedure for issuing a D visa is carried out in accordance with the national legislation of the Republic of Slovenia. The D Visa application is submitted in person at the embassies of the Republic of Slovenia. The procedure lasts from 5 to 10 working days, provided that the applicant submits the entire documentation to the embassy e-mail address before a personal visit and in agreement with the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Bucharest. After reviewing the digital copy documentation, a date will be set for a personal appointment at the embassy.
Documentation of the visa applicant D:
- Completed Visa Application Form (Slovenian-English), which can be found here;
- At least one color photograph in accordance with ICAO standards;
- Undamaged travel document, the validity of which must be at least 3 months longer than the intended stay in the Republic of Slovenia;
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence in the monthly amount of the minimum income in the Republic of Slovenia, amounting to EUR 402.18 as of 1 August 2019 (bank statements, bank certificate of savings, credit card statements, certificate of scholarship, salary, contract with a sports club in Slovenia, etc.…)
- Travel health insurance for Slovenia (sum insured may not be lower than EUR 30,000). The insurance period must cover the full validity of the D visa;
- Documentation demonstrating the purpose for which a long-stay visa may be issued;
- Certified and translated certificate of impunity, which must not be older than 3 months (in some cases);
- Payment of consular fee in the amount of 77 EUR (payable in EUR). An application for a D visa for family reunification purposes is free of charge.
The Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Bucharest accepts consular fee payment exclusively in EUR currency via bank transfer. The bank transfer needs to be made at least two working days before your appointment at the Embassy.
Bank account number: RO07RNCB0072165964950003
Bank: BCR (BANCA COMERCIALA ROMANA S.A)
Recipient: AMBASADA REPUBLICII SLOVENIA, Strada Speranței 32, 020994 București, Sector 2, Romania