About the Embassy Brussels
The main tasks of our Embassy are:
- establishing, promoting and deepening relations and contacts with authorities and their representatives;
- disseminating information about Slovenia and cooperation opportunities and deepening the cooperation between countries in the areas of common interest;
- informing authorities of Slovenian positions and viewpoints;
- establishing, assisting and facilitating establishment of business contacts between businesses;
- organizing Slovenian cultural events;
- following the news on Slovenia and establishing contacts with the media;
- establishing and maintaining contacts with the Slovene community.
Welcome of the Ambassador Brabara Sušnik
Slovenia and Belgium have enjoyed excellent relations in the thirty years that have passed since full diplomatic relations were established.
I am convinced of the importance of continuing close cooperation between the two countries, and will do my best to further strengthening of the diplomatic relations and maintaining outstanding economic, cultural, academic and scientific collaboration, on federal and regional levels.
I look forward to meet Slovenians living in Belgium as I consider preserving the Slovenian identity and the Slovenian language as an important value and mission by itself.
In the spirit of cooperation, I feel privileged to have the opportunity to serve my country in Belgium and I am looking forward to forthcoming meetings and challenges while discovering the country and its natural and human gems.