The Future Development of e-ARH.si
Please note that this website is still under construction and that some of its contents may be incomplete. Thank you for your understanding.
Development of e-ARH.si between the Years 2016–2020
Long-term preservation of electronic archives includes the submission of electronic records from creators, long-term preservation based on principles of safe long-term storage as defined by the Protection of Documents and Archives and Archival Institutions Act (i.e. accessibility, usability, integrity, authenticity, sustainability), and providing of ready access to these records (including the possibility of its reuse).
The Strategy and Implementation Plan for the Development of Slovenian Electronic Archives 2016–2020 includes six strategic priorities:
- To ensure the care of electronic archival records at creators and preparation for their submission to the e-ARH.si.
- To guarantee long-term preservation of all electronic archival records submitted to the e-ARH.si.
- To ensure, that electronic archival records are readily accessible and can be reused when required.
- To actively engage with other national and international electronic archiving institutions.
- To provide training, information, and support for the creators of electronic records and Archives’ employees.
- To meet quality assurance standards in accordance with the Common Assessment Framework (CAF) and promote e-ARH.si services.
The Strategy and Implementation Plan sets out a framework for establishing a stable and reliable Slovenian electronic archives which will enable the preservation and continuing use of the national archival cultural heritage in electronic form.
- Is organized in accordance with ISO 14721:2003 (OAIS Reference Model) and operates under its own organizational and informational infrastructure within the Slovenian Public Archival Service (hereinafter referred to as SPAS).
- Represents a safe, reliable, and legally coherent system for long-term preservation of eAR, which is managed by SPAS in three geographically different locations.
- Provides creators of electronic records with special software, developed by our professionals. It also offers the possibility of easier preparation and submission of selected types of eAR (unstructured records, such as the content of one or more folders in the file system; a database in the form of a relational database, the material from Records and Document Management Systems) to e-ARH.si.
- Offers software tools for easier, faster and remote access to the selected types of eAR.
Further Development of e-ARH.si between 2016 and 2020:
- Represents the implementation of the Strategy and Implementation Plan for the Development of e-ARH.si in the period from 2016 to 2020, which defines the continuation of the development of a safe, long-term, centralized, standardized and trusted system for long-term preservation of eAR.
- Is executed as part of the Project e-ARH.si: ESS 2016–2020:
- financed under the Operational Programme for the Implementation of EU Cohesion Policy 2014–2020, the priority axis 11 (Rule of Law), improvement of institutional capabilities, an efficient public administration and capacity building of social partners, specific objective 11.1.3 of improving governance and greater transparency in public administration with the introduction of new tools, methods and interoperable solutions.
- Value: 4 mio EUR (80% EU, 20 % SLO).