Replacement of laminated residence permits
Since 14 February 2022, residence permits and residence registration certificates have been issued in a new format with additional security features.
Laminated residence permits issued to:
- citizens of the Swiss Confederation and
- their family members,
- family members of European Union (EU) citizens,
- family members of citizens of the Member States of the European Economic Area (EEA), and
- family members of citizens of Slovenia
can be used until they expire, but no later than 3 August 2023.
Holders of such laminated residence permits must exchange them for a new Swiss residence permit card or a new second-generation residence card at the administrative unit of their place of residence at any time before the expiry date, but by 3 August 2023 at the latest.
No processing fee is charged for the issuing of the card, but the holder must pay the costs of printing the residence permit card:
- a residence permit card for a citizen of the Swiss Confederation costs EUR 19.85,
- a residence permit card for a family member of a citizen of the Swiss Confederation and for a service provider costs EUR 15.47,
- a residence permit card and a permanent residence permit card for a family member of an EU citizen, a family member of an EEA citizen and for a family member of a Slovenian citizen costs EUR 15.47.