Applications open for an Administrative Assistant
The Permanent Mission of the Republic of Slovenia in New York is looking for an administrative assistant for a period of 1 year (with a possible extension), beginning in October 2022.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible to perform a variety of administrative tasks, their duties will include providing support to the ambassador and diplomats, assisting in daily office needs and managing Mission's general administrative activities. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible to perform a variety of administrative tasks, their duties will include providing support to the ambassador and diplomats, assisting in daily office needs and managing Mission's general administrative activities.
Main responsibilities will include:
- answer and direct phone calls,
- organize and schedule appointments,
- plan meetings,
- write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and diplomatic notes,
- update and maintain a filing system,
- maintain contact lists,
- book travel arrangements,
- provide general support to visitors,
- act as the point of contact for external connections.
- valid work permit for the USA,
- experience as an administrative assistant or similar,
- knowledge of office management systems and procedures,
- proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task,
- high School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be an advantage,
- the candidate must have an excellent knowledge of English, knowledge of Slovenian will be an advantage.
Salary: approx. 3.300,00 USD per month
- Health insurance (including dental),
- Transportation allowance.
Applications with a Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to email@example.com with "Administrative Assistant – Application" mentioned in the subject field of the email. Deadline for submitting applications is Friday, 26 August 2022.
Before hiring the chosen candidate will undergo security screening performed by the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Slovenia. Procedure is required by the Slovenian Law on Foreign Affairs (ZZZ-1C, Ur. l. RS, št. 108/09).