Japan-Slovenia Relations, Call for Designs Japan - Slovenia 30th Anniversary Logo
Call for Designs Japan - Slovenia 30th Anniversary Logo
Japan and Slovenia will celebrate their 30th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relationship between Japan and Slovenia. Both countries conduct a variety of collaborative events to celebrate our shared accomplishments and build opportunities for further cooperation. We are now inviting the general public to submit designs for a 30th anniversary logo to be used to promote the events.
Overview - Call for designs
1. Submissions are welcome from anyone, regardless of nationality, age, or place of residence.
2. Submissions must be received by August 31, 2021.
3. Please submit your logo by email to Embassy of Japan in Slovenia (rsvp(at)s2.mofa.go.jp) or Embassy of Slovenia in Japan (sloembassy.tokyo(at)gov.si ).
4. The Governments of Japan and Slovenia will evaluate designs received and select the best one to be used as the logo for the 30th anniversary celebration events.
5. Results will be announced on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, the Embassy of Japan in Slovenia, and the Embassy of Slovenia in Japan.
How to submit your design
Attach your logo design and application from to an email entitled “Logo Entry” and addressed to Embassy of Japan in Slovenia (rsvp(at)s2.mofa.go.jp) or Embassy of Slovenia in Japan (sloembassy.tokyo(at)gov.si).
We regret that we cannot accept submissions by post.
1. Your logo should be sent as a JPEG, PDF or EPS file no larger than 3 MB and at a resolution of at least 300 dpi. It should fit on an A4 page when printed. (Formatting changes may be requested if necessary.)
2.The explanation of your logo design should be approximately 50 words long. Please do not include it in the email body. When the selected logo is announced, the explanation will be made public.
3.Please submit both colour and black-and-white versions of your design (no restrictions on number of colours, gradations, etc.).
4.You may submit up to two designs.
5.No submitted logo designs or materials will be returned.
Points to note
1.Submitted logo designs must be new, not previously published anywhere, and must not infringe on copyrights, trademarks, etc., of any third parties.
2.Submissions that contain any of the following will be disqualified:
A) content that is offensive,
B) content that violates or might violate laws,
C) content that does not meet the goals of promoting friendly relations between Japan and Slovenia,
D) content promoting political or religious groups or positions,
E) content that is culturally or socially insensitive,
F) content that is for commercial purposes.
3. The selected design will be subject to any edits, alterations or processing necessary for use. In the event the logo is found to be unsatisfactory after the selection process, or if agreement cannot be reached as to revisions to the logo, the selected design will be withdrawn from use.
4. All rights to submitted designs and the copyright to the selected logo will belong to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Government of Slovenia. Those submitting designs agree to relinquish all rights and interests in the designs. In principle, submitted designs will not be altered other than to adjust size, convert to black-and-white, or to translate into Japanese, English or Slovene language.
5. The selected logo may be withdrawn from use if any information submitted with the design is later determined to be false.
6. The selected logo design in its final form will be distributed to parties authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Government of Slovenia, and will be used to promote the 30th anniversary of Japan-Slovenia diplomatic relations.
7. Personal information (other than name and affiliation) of those submitting logo designs will not be disclosed or offered to third parties without the designer’s permission.
8.Receipt of submissions will not be acknowledged, and authors of designs not selected will not be contacted. We regret that no inquiries concerning the judgment process can be accepted.
For more information