Seminar o možnostih uporabe vesoljskih podatkov in tehnologije na področju zaščite in varnosti
iskanje neeksplodiranih min. Na seminarju bodo obstoječe možnosti predstavili predstavniki Evropske vesoljske agencije (ESA) in Agencije Evropske unije za vesoljski program (EUSPA).
Udeležba na dogodku je brezplačna, potrebna pa je prijava do ponedeljka, 13. decembra do 15.00 ure, na e-naslov: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dogodek bo potekal v angleškem jeziku.
Programme "Workshop on the use of Space Technology for Security"
9.00 – 9.05 Uvodni nagovor
- Tanja Permozer, Head of SI delegation , Ministry of the Economic Development and Technologies
9.05 – 10.30 Activities developed under ESA
- Gordon Campbel, Head of Enterprise, Science, Applications and Climate Department, European Space Agency (ESA)
Presentation on the use of satellite data in law enforcement (environmental crime, crimes against humanity, counter-proliferation, terrorism and organized crime as well as support to policing outside of national borders with EuroGendFor).
The presentation will include examples of:
- support to Interpol investigations (ivory poaching, rosewood trafficking, organized crime in central Balkans, nuclear material trafficking)
- support to various entities monitoring illegal/irregular mining
- support to Centre for security cooperation RACVIAC (Balkan and South East Europe regional security cooperation) - this involves consideration of nuclear power plant at Krsko
- support to Proliferation Security Initiative (to which Slovenia is a participant)
- support to national police monitoring illegal resource extraction
- various maritime security activities (IUU Fishing, drugs, weapons, persons)
- removal of unexploded ordnance from former warzones (mainly SE Asia and Africa)
- support to EUBAM operations in Libya, Moldova.
10:30 – 10.40 Premor
10.40 – 12.10 Activities developed under EUSPA
- Christina Giannopapa, Head of the Office of EUSPA Executive Director
Introductory Word : EU Space Programme – EUSPA driver for the implementation, EU Governments to benefit from Space based innovation
- Georgios Synnefakis, GOVSATCOM Programme Manager
Governmental services offered by GOVSATCOM; use cases - Crisis Management, Surveillance missions
- Charles Villie, PRS Service Manager
Governmental services offered by PRS; use cases – Critical Infrastructures
- Helmut Spitzl, SAR and EWS Service Manager
Galileo Emergency Warning Service and Search and Rescue service; use cases for Civil Protection Authorities
- Piotr Sitek - PRS Technical Officer
Cyber Security Challenges
- Adriana Rad – Inter-Institutional Officer
Streamlining of discussions; follow-up of cooperation, actions proposed on SI / EUSPA side, follow-up of SI gov representatives support requests from EUSPA