The Digitization Division's tasks are planning and implementing the digitization of SIPO with the standardization of the information technology in use and include:
- supervising the security and data protection in the SIPO information system,
- establishing links with other information systems,
- providing end user support,
- publishing the official bulletin of SIPO, publishing data in accordance with international standards, and monitoring and participating in the development of new international standards for publications,
- managing electronic databases on industrial property rights in Slovenia,
- exchanging databases, documents and other information with other offices and international organizations in accordance with the agreements concluded.