Physical Measurements Division
Coronavirus disease COVID-19
Current information and instructions are available on the Coronavirus disease COVID-19 website
The Physical Measurements Division carries out tasks related to measurement traceability and conformity assessment of measuring instruments in accordance with the Metrology Act.
Its tasks in detail are as follows:
- operating as the national metrology laboratory in the field of physical quantities of mass and volume,
- assessing the conformity of legal measuring instruments, calibration of measuring instruments and testing of measuring instrument software,
- managing and overseeing the system of the entities authorised to perform measuring instrument verifications,
- participating in drawing up acts and other regulations governing the activities of the division,
- supporting the tasks of metrological supervision,
- developing and maintaining the MIRS-INFO database.