Physical Measurements Division
Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the EU
Slovenia will strive to actively contribute to strengthening the EU's resilience to health, economic, energy, climate and cyber crises, which is incorporated in the slogan "Together. Resilient. Europe." Visit the official website of the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the European Union www.si2021.eu.
The Physical Measurements Division carries out tasks related to measurement traceability and conformity assessment of measuring instruments in accordance with the Metrology Act.
Its tasks in detail are as follows:
- operating as the national metrology laboratory in the field of physical quantities of mass and volume,
- assessing the conformity of legal measuring instruments, calibration of measuring instruments and testing of measuring instrument software,
- managing and overseeing the system of the entities authorised to perform measuring instrument verifications,
- participating in drawing up acts and other regulations governing the activities of the division,
- supporting the tasks of metrological supervision,
- developing and maintaining the MIRS-INFO database.