Joint Training Centre
Coronavirus disease COVID-19
Current information and instructions are available on the Coronavirus disease COVID-19 website
Joint Training Centre facilitates training, training support, evaluation support and competence evaluations for members, commands and units of the Slovenian Armed Forces (SAF). It cooperates with civilian structures in the system for protection against natural and other disasters. The unit manages training ranges, training grounds, shooting ranges, infrastructure and resources within the central SAF training area, as well as plans and supervises the activities at this training area.
It is in charge of managing the Baron Andrej Čehovin Barracks in Postojna and Janko Premrl Vojko Barracks in Vipava and provides logistics support to all visiting and accommodated units in the barracks.
- Research and Simulation Unit
- Combat Readiness Evaluation Unit
- Postojna SAF Central Training Area Unit
- Garrison Unit (Baron Andrej Čehovin Barracks, Postojna)
- Garrison Unit (Janko Premrl Vojko Barracks, Vipava)
- Organise and facilitate combat training and competence evaluations with or without the help of tactical engagement simulation systems.
- Provide support in the training and competence evaluations of units and individuals with the help of tactical engagement simulation systems.
- Provide training support for declared forces.
- Provide training support for mobilisation forces.
- Support the SAF’s exercise planning.
- Organize and facilitate specialist courses.
- Conduct military and civilian operational research projects and experiments using computer simulations and models.
- Execute and participate in computer-assisted exercises (CAX) for SAF units, structure of the system of protection against natural and other disasters, and foreign armed forces.
- Plan, monitor and control the activities of the SAF, foreign armed forces and other users of the training ranges under the jurisdiction of the Joint Training Centre.
- Manage training ranges, infrastructure and resources under the jurisdiction of the Joint Training Centre, including all training ranges, the pertaining training grounds and shooting ranges.
- Implement the Decree on the national spatial plan for the central SAF training area in Postojna (with emphasis on environmental protection and infrastructure)
- Cooperate with the civilian environment within the area falling under the jurisdiction of the Joint Training Centre and training areas (Poček, Bač, Bloška polica and Mlake).
- Organise and provide logistics support to visiting units at the Baron Andrej Čehovin Barracks in Postojna and Janko Premrl Vojko Barracks in Vipava, and training areas under the jurisdiction of the Joint Training Centre.
- Organise and provide host nation support at the Baron Andrej Čehovin Barracks in Postojna and Janko Premrl Vojko Barracks in Vipava.