The Force Command of the Slovenian Armed Forces (SAF) was established on 12 May 2017 at Ivan Cankar Barracks in Vrhnika. It is directly subordinate to the SAF General Staff. In line with its mission, it provides the conditions for appropriate planning and direction of SAF commands’ and units’ activities in the Republic of Slovenia and abroad, provides for standing readiness of forces for effective operations, and provides support to state authorities in the system of protection and disaster relief.
The SAF Force Command is a joint force command in charge of providing forces, exercising command over SAF commands and units in the Republic of Slovenia and abroad, and providing Host Nation Support. The SAF Force Command as a national command plans, coordinates, implements, and assesses offensive, defensive and stability operations.
- Lead and exercise command over subordinate commands and units.
- Provide task force commands and units.
- Plan training activities of SAF commands and units.
- Provide for the required level of readiness.
- Plan and implement SAF readiness, activation and mobilization measures.
- Plan and direct combat and non-combat operations at home and abroad.
- Plan the use, support and monitor the readiness of commands and units to be engaged in activities in the Republic of Slovenia (system of protection against natural and other disasters, support other state authorities) and in international operations and missions.
- Coordinate and implement civil-military cooperation activities.
- Participate in the system of protection against natural and other disasters and other state authorities
- Cooperate at operational level with NATO and EU military commands and partner states, and operational-level headquarters of individual operations.
- Provide common operational picture of the SAF.