Visa information of the Embassy Sofia
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Travel Advice: COVID-19
As the probability of infection with COVID-19 remains present, Slovenian citizens wishing to travel abroad are advised to follow the news on the spread of the virus, especially on the planned route, to check the conditions of entry into the country of destination, and to comply with local rules. Slovenian citizens returning from abroad are advised to follow the recommendations of the National Institute of Public Health (NIJZ).
The Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia is competent for issuing Schengen visas:
- to third-country nationals with residence permit in Bulgaria,
- if Slovenia is the sole destination of the visit or if the visit includes more than one destination and Slovenia is the main destination of the visit.
Visa application has to be submitted in person, during office hours of the Embassy. Visa procedure can take up to 15 days or up to 10 days (Visa facilitation agreements).
General requirements/documentation to be submitted by applicants:
- Valid Passport (with the validity of at least 3 months after the date of the planned return);
- Biometric Photo;
- Travel medical insurance (covering the entire period of intended stay, valid for all Schengen States and covering any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgency medical attention, emergency hospital treatment or death during stay. The minimum coverage must be 30.000 EUR);
- Supporting documents (varies on the purpose of stay – tourism, private visit, business visit etc.).
The holder of a visa is obliged to report his or her residence to the nearest police station in the period of 3 days after arriving to Slovenia. This is not obligatory if the holder of the visa stays in a hotel, camp or any other tourist accommodation.
The holder of a visa can stay in the Republic of Slovenia in accordance with the purpose of the visa. He or she has to leave the Republic of Slovenia and the Schengen area before the visa is expired.
- EUR 35 (In accordance with Visa Facilitation Agreements, citizens of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, BIH, Georgia, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, and Ukraine qualify for this lower visa fee.);
- EUR 80 (other third country nationals);
- EUR 40 (children 6 - 12 years).