Physical Measurements Division
Please note that this website is still under construction and that some of its contents may be incomplete. Thank you for your understanding.
The Physical Measurements Division carries out tasks related to measurement traceability and assessment of the conformity of measurement criteria in accordance with the Metrology Act.
Its tasks in detail are as follows:
- operating as the national metrology laboratory in the field of physical quantities of mass and volume,
- assessing the conformity of legal metrology instruments, calibration of measuring instruments and testing of measuring instrument software,
- managing and overseeing the system of the entities authorised to perform measuring instrument verifications,
- participating in drawing up acts and other regulations governing the activities of the sector,
- supporting the tasks of metrological inspection,
- developing and maintaining the MIRS-INFO