EU funding for the digitalisation of notarial services
The Ministry of Justice will develop an IT system, provide training and education for notaries on the use of the developed IT system, and provide access to cloud capacity and server infrastructure, licensed software and other equipment. This will digitise notarial services, thus allowing quick access to the entire archived material of notaries, ensuring greater efficiency and quality of work, and benefiting citizens and legal entities by reducing the time needed to access notarial documents and ensuring they are securely and permanently stored.
More specifically, the implementation of the project Digitisation of Notarial Services will enable notaries to operate electronically to:
- improve the support environment for cooperation with the economy and citizens, thus enhancing the use and development of digital services offered by the public sector, and at the same time, enabling easy, fast and electronic access to data for citizens,
- create the conditions for remote access to notaries via a videoconferencing system,
- remotely verify the identity of the parties and draft all notarial documents (notarial records, notarial statements, signature witnessing),
- archive notarial documents in digital form,
- enable entries in official records on the basis of digital documents,
- verify and comply with fiscal and other obligations of the parties in relation to public law and other transaction restrictions,
- train notaries and all employees of notarial offices regarding the use of the new system with the help of modern technologies (possibility of virtual training),
- long-term digital preservation of notarial documents of important legal transactions; and
- facilitate wider international cooperation in the development and establishment of innovative, high-quality and more secure digital services for citizens and businesses in the field of notarial services.
The project worth EUR 1,826,550.75 will receive European Regional Development Fund support of EUR 1,055,371.89.