Slovenia among the safest destinations for solo female travellers
A leading web travel portal, Big 7 Travel, has conducted a study, publishing a list of the top 20 safest destinations in the world for solo female travellers. Slovenia ranked third on the list.
The Big 7 Travel web portal and travel experts at EnjoyTravel.com conducted a study on the safest destinations for solo female travellers.
Slovenia came in third, behind Oman and Taiwan, making it the highest-ranked European country. According to the portal, "This outdoor haven is one of the few countries in the world that celebrate International Women’s Day with a National Holiday!"
The study analysed more than 100 countries according to eight criteria:
- Crime & Safety Index
- Percentage of women who have experienced violence
- Percentage of women who feel safe walking at night
- Public Transport & Taxi Safety
- Female homicide rates
- Laws on domestic abuse
- Attitudes towards violence against women
- Global Gender Gap Index score
Source: Slovenian Tourist Board