About the Embassy Budapest
Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs Travel Advice: COVID-19
As the probability of infection with COVID-19 remains present, Slovenian citizens wishing to travel abroad are advised to follow the news on the spread of the virus, especially on the planned route, to check the conditions of entry into the country of destination, and to comply with local rules. Slovenian citizens returning from abroad are advised to follow the recommendations of the National Institute of Public Health (NIJZ).
The main tasks of the Embassy are:
- establishing and maintaining regular contacts with Hungarian state institutions and their official representatives;
- providing information on Slovenia and on the possibilities of cooperation in fields of common interest, as well as guaranteeing conditions for the strengthening of cooperation;
- providing regular information to Hungary on Slovenia's positions, development and interests, and likewise providing regular and up-to-date information to Slovenia on Hungarian positions on issues in Hungary's interest;
- providing information on the possibilities of economic cooperation in Hungary to legal and natural persons in Slovenia;
- monitoring Hungarian media reporting on Slovenia and establishing contacts with journalists;
- maintaining and creating contacts with the Slovenian minority in Hungary;
- offering consular help to the Slovenian minority and Slovenian citizens in Hungary.