Austria closes four more checkpoints on the border with Slovenia; as of April 2 only nine checkpoints remain open
Austria has put in place new restrictions on the border with Slovenia. As of 2 April 2020, the checkpoints (former BCPs) at Holmec, Jurij, Šentilj (that is on the main road) and Korensko sedlo will close down. Nine border points will continue to remain open on the Slovenian-Austrian border.
Austria's police will change the border regime by closing down some of the former BCPs or limiting their time of operation.
As of midnight Thursday, April 2, 2020, the following checkpoints on the border with Austria will be in operation (24/7 or as indicated below):
- Kuzma – Bonisdorf
- Trate – Mureck (open from 5am to 21pm)
- Radlje – Radlpaß (open from 5am to 21pm)
- Gederovci – Sicheldorf
- Šentilj (Motorway) – Spielfeld (Autobahn)
- Gornja Radgona – Bad Radkersburg
- Karavanke – Karawankentunnel
- Vič – Lavamünd (open from 5am to 23pm)
- Ljubelj – Loibltunnel (open from 5am to 21pm)
The points of crossings at Holmec – Grablaach, Jurij – Langegg, Šentilj (on the main road) – Spielfeld (Bundesstraβe) and Korensko sedlo – Wurzenpass will be closed until further notice.