Division for National Measurement Standards and Chemical Measurements
Please note that this website is still under construction and that some of its contents may be incomplete. Thank you for your understanding.
The Division for National Measurement Standards and Chemical Measurements performs tasks related to the National Measurement Standards system and the conformity assessment of precious metal articles in accordance with the Metrology Act and the Precious Metal Products Act.
The Division’s tasks in detail are as follows:
- developing, managing, organising and supervising the National Measurement Standard system,
- planning, coordinating and carrying out international activities and ensuring the transfer of knowledge related to the National Measurement Standard system at the national and international levels,
- developing, organising and managing the national system for assessing the conformity of precious metal articles,
- assessing the conformity of precious metal articles,
- ensuring the traceability with regard to the chemical unit mole for the measurement of the mass fraction of precious metals in alloys,
- developing new fields in chemical measurements,
- international cooperation in the sector’s area of work,
- participating in drawing up regulations governing the activities of the sector,
- supporting the tasks of metrological inspection,
- leading and managing the Institute’s quality system